Modern Slavery Policy Statement 2017
Trifast Plc remains staunchly committed to preventing modern slavery in our corporate activities, and ensuring, as far as we are able, that our supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking.
This statement is published in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and serves to provide an update on activities undertaken by the Trifast Group in 2016 and to establish planned actions in 2017.
Updates from 2016
Planned actions in 2017
- Training will be completed for 100% of the above mentioned employee group.
- Awareness training for modern slavery – all employees will be provided with an awareness of modern slavery and how to act in the event of discovering modern slavery practices, within our induction training programme.
- Supplier declarations will be obtained from a further number of vendors. Once received, these combined with those received in 2016 will represent over 80% of our suppliers by value.
- Annual internal audits have been amended to include a review on Modern Slavery awareness and all entity Directors will be required to confirm continued compliance.
- A new, externally provided whistleblowing hotline and reporting service has been launched across all 28 locations within the Group, offering a 24 hour service.