K Series Nuts
This product offers a permanent female thread in sheet steel and in plastic applications that are too thin to be tapped by conventional methods.
Designed specifically for use in applications with a minimum sheet thickness of 1mm, when installed the K Series Nut offers a metric female thread for attaching equivalent metric externally threaded fasteners. K Series Nuts can be easily installed into the parent material without the need for specialist tooling.
- C1022 carbon steel
- Case hardened to a minimum of Hv0.3 610
- Tested to ISO 898
- Stainless steel finishes can be supplied to order
- Sizes to suit most applications
- M2.5 - M20 sizes ex-stock
- No special tooling required
- One head style - Hexagon
- Three spigot lengths available ex. stock: standard, intermediate & long
- High torsional resistance
- High pullout resistance
- Zinc Plated (CR3) as standard
- Stainless Steel supplied to order
- Stock ready for immediate despatch
- When inserted the underhead shank serrations of the K Series Nuts provide a permanent thread with a high prevailing torque and a resistance to turning.