Latest News from Phil Edwards of Weald Electric Vehicle Technology
About Phil Edwards
Phil Edwards trained as an apprentice ‘technician engineer’ in Sussex, and has worked in design, development, production engineering, and manufacturing roles for over 30 years. He has been involved in production work, bespoke and customised products, and prototype design and build.
Continue reading below for the latest news and updates from Phil.
News Update May 2017
News Update March 2017
News Update October 2016
News Update September 2016
News Update June 2016
News Update April 2016
Now we're really motoring!
News Update March 2016
Project Update February 2016
News Update January 2016
News Update December 2015
News Update - November 2015
Latest Prize Draw
- 4th-5th November: Advanced Engineering, NEC Birmingham - Displaying the original bike in the 'Low Carbon Vehicle Feature Display' to promote the Fast Charge project to 15,000 attendees. Advanced Engineering show guide
- 10th November: STEM Review, Rochester, Kent - Meeting with the Medway Education-Business Partnership to discuss how we can use the Fast Charge to inspire students in Kent. About the Medway EBP
- 18th November: SepNET Students Expo, London - Supporting our placement student at the SepNET Student Expo as she showcases the production analysis of an electric motorbike that she did for us in the summer. About SepNET
- 25th November: Niche Vehicle Network forum, Silverstone UTC - A Regular meeting of vehicle designers and manufacturers. About the Niche Vehicle Network
News Update - October 2015
News Update - September 2015
- APC Hi-Rel took the original bike along to the big low-carbon vehicle show at the start of September (LCV2015) to help promote the new project. This was well received and gained a lot of interest.
- I’m on Stand 188, and have two presentation slots booked, at the Kent Manufacturing Expo in October. The original bike will be on display and I’ll be promoting the project to the engineering and manufacturing community.
- A few days later I’ll be at the Greenpower National Finals at Rockingham Motor Speedway
- In November I’m at the NEC for the two-day Advanced Engineering show in the ‘Low Carbon Vehicle Display’ (part of the Automotive Zone). Last year this event attracted over 15,000 professionals from aerospace, automotive, composites and electronics businesses.
- The NEW rolling chassis is planned to make its public debut at the NEC in January at the Energy Efficient Motorsport Conference (formerly Low Carbon Racing Conference). Running the day before Autosport International this conference attracts senior technical staff and decision makers from the motor racing world. Electric motorsport will feature heavily this time with Formula E and the recent success at Pikes Peak foremost.
- Finally, for now, the NEW bike is booked for the APC Hi-Rel stand at the Powertrain Conference at the National Motorcycle Museum in February.
Phil Edwards and the team finally have the go ahead to start the EV1000 Project!
"We’re starting! Yes, that’s right; I’m delighted to announce that we’ve finally got the go-ahead to start the project.
Congratulations to Phil and all the team from TR Fastenings!
Phil featured in our latest R&A 2013
News update - August 2014
New Logo and Name
We’re up for another award – your vote is needed!
Website & Social Media
Phil Edwards - Project Director EV1000 world-record electric drag-bike challenge
News Update - December 2013
Press Release from the Technology Strategy Board
British motorsport champions take to podium in latest technology innovation race
News update - February 2013
News update - December 2012
News update - November 2012
- News Release: Electric Motorsport combines Traditional Craftsmanship with Future Technology
- South East Business Magazine - Click here to see the latest article on Phil and WEVT pages 1 & 4