TR Fastenings keeps Dutch solar boat project afloat by supplying crucial components
TR Holland, the Dutch arm of global fastener distributor and manufacturer, TR Fastenings, is supplying parts and support for a solar-powered boat developed by students from the HAN University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands.
Named the Photon, the boat has been solely developed by the students themselves and is due to be raced in both national and international races, with the Solar & Energy Boat Challenge race taking place in Monaco in July. TR Holland has arranged for the supply of bigHead fasteners to the students, which have been used in the boat’s prototype. The TR and bigHead logos have been included on the boat as a thank you, and both firms have been credited as friends of the project on the team’s website.
Facts about The Photon:
- The boat is 6 meters in length and 1.8 meters wide.
- Including the pilot, the boat weighs just under 200kg
- The powerful solar panels can generate 1000Kw in energy and propel the vessel at speeds of up to 30km/h.
Ron Vlutters, Managing Director of TR Holland, comments “All over the world, TR is committed to supporting young people to pursue engineering and technology as an interest or as a career. We are proud to be associated with a project as exciting and innovative as the Photon, which combines the development of new sustainable technologies with the latest trends in design and manufacturing. It’s a pleasure to provide the fasteners for the boat and we can’t wait to see how she races!”
Upcoming race dates:
- NK Zonnebootrace Akkrum: 11-12 May 2018
- Purmerend: 22-23 June 2018
- Groningen: 29-30 June 2018
- Groningen-Leeuwarden: 4-7 July 2018
- Solar & Energy Boat Challenge: 12-14 July 2018
For more information or to request a press pack, contact TR Marketing: email@example.com