TR launches new security fastener to prevent businesses becoming victims of crime
A new range of security fasteners has been launched to help businesses to cut the cost of being a victim of crime from their overheads.
The innovative 5-Lobe pin from TR Fastenings is the first complete range of security fasteners made from corrosion-resistant A4-70 stainless steel - the perfect product for outdoor use, in particular in marine, health and medical sectors because of its non-reactive qualities. The fastener’s five-sectioned screw head means that it can only be undone by someone with specialist tools, preventing its removal by an opportunist criminal.
A report by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) in October 2019 suggested that there are 3.8 million traditional crimes against businesses in the UK each year, the vast majority of them robberies, burglaries, thefts and acts of vandalism – an average of more than seven every minute, with each costing businesses an average of £3,340.
In July thieves dismantled and stole a 10m-long building in Hull, while in September a mobile sheep yard and sheep weighing equipment were stolen in North Yorkshire [sources: BBC 20/7/20 & Farming UK 10/9/20].
The Federation of Small Businesses report added that more than one in five business victims said they didn’t report their case, with many saying they were either too busy or were not even going to make an insurance claim.
Public sector organisations are also targeted. The think tank Parliament Street has estimated [page 4] that suspected thefts of electrical equipment from NHS sites has increased by 33% over a three-year period.
TR Fastenings components are commonly used in furniture including hospital beds, lighting and electrical points, signage, medical equipment, ventilators and defibrillators.
Fastenings made with corrosion-resistant A4-70 stainless steel do not degrade if they come into contact with salt water and other chemicals that have an impact on other forms of steel. The durability of the high grade material means that components need to be replaced less often.
Paul Standing, Products Manager at TR Fastenings, said: “Opportunist thieves and vandals are always on the look out for an easy target so it’s vital that businesses have the right level of security to defend themselves and their property.
“Our new 5-lobe pin fasteners provide a low-cost, long-lasting line of defence against intruders that could cut the amount of money businesses lose in thefts, damages, disruption and increased insurance premiums because of crime.”
The 5-Lobe pin is rated as a level 2 enhanced security product and can be supplied with button or countersunk heads in either machine screws or self tapping screws.
A4-70 stainless steel is a high tensile strength stainless steel with excellent corrosion resistance making it perfect for both internal and external applications.
It is used in the manufacture of medical surgical instruments and in the pharmaceutical industry where cleanliness is absolutely key - the addition of molybdenum to its composition provides the A4 grade with a greater level of corrosion resistance. Its composition means it is also perfect for use in marine environments.
- Engineering Update - 'TR launches new security fastener to prevent businesses becoming victims of crime' - 06.10.2020
- Automation Update - 'TR launches new security fastener to prevent businesses becoming victims of crime' - 06.10.2020
- Design, Products and Applications - 'TR launches new security fastener to prevent businesses becoming victims of crime' - 07.10.2020
- Industrial News - 'New security fasteners launched to prevent medical device theft' - 07.10.2020
- Industrial Technology - 'TR launches new security fastener to prevent businesses becoming victims of crime' - 06.10.2020
- Fastener World Inc - 'TR launches new security fastener to prevent businesses becoming victims of crime' - 13.10.2020
- Fasteners & Fixings News - 'TR launches new security fastener to prevent businesses becoming victims of crime' - 13.10.2020
- Torque-expo.com - 'TR launches new 5-Lobe pin to help prevent crime' - 14.10.2020
For more information or to request a press pack, contact TR Marketing: email@example.com