EPW Self-Extruding Screw
TR Fastenings (TR), global engineer, manufacturer and distributor of industrial fasteners, has designed, developed and patented a new fastening solution, the EPW thread-forming screw for thin sheet metal.
The EPW screw is a self-extruding, high strength thread-form fastener which creates its own female thread in punched sheet metal, thereby dramatically reducing assembly times and costs. The screw works by being aligned to the pilot hole in the sheet metal, where it then forms the extruded collar, combining the forming of the thread and the creation of a strong extruded profile, before finally tightening and clamping into the metal.
Features & benefits
- Removable and re-usable, strong screw joint
- High stripping torque
- High break loose and prevailing torque
- Excellent vibration resistance
- Combined thread forming and creation of strong extruded profile
- Very high radial compression on screw shank
- Standard machine screws can be used in thread created by the EPW screw
- Can be used for electrical earth connections
- Suitable for both manual and automated assembly
Currently EPW screws are manufactured to order on application and can be made in a number of materials and head styles. Depending on size, the minimum economical manufacturing quantity is 20,000 to 100,000 pieces.
Click here to download our EPW brochure for more information.
If you have an application that you think EPW could be the solution for then contact us by completing the form below. We'll get straight back to you to discuss your application in more detail.
For more information contact TR Marketing: email@example.com