Approved Vendor List (AVL)
Our top suppliers are identified not by how much we spend with them, which can be a common mistake, but by how important they are to us strategically and how they enhance our service to our customers. We use the Kraljic supplier positioning model which is an effective tool used to aid formulating the strategic sourcing strategy. Annual vendor assessments are conducted on key suppliers and strategic new ones who are being introduced.
Supplier Positioning - How we categorise our suppliers
It is extremely important to ensure that there is a managed balance between TR`s customer requirements and TR`s supplier capability. To manage this requirement all potential suppliers to TR have to go through a very strict process of vendor appraisal.
TR Vendor Questionnaire
A self-evaluation questionnaire has to be completed by the potential supplier.
- Supplier details
- Manufacturing process control
- Product testing
- Product documentation
Supplier Quality Requirements (by industry)
Once received by the AVL team, the questionnaire is reviewed against an industry relevant matrix.
Dedicated Supplier Quality Engineers within Asia, Europe and the USA are charged to audit the potential suppliers.
Corrective Action Reports
- Approved for supply
- Approved for supply with an agreed development timescale
- Declined for supply until a development program is complete and validated
- Declined for supply
Supplier T & C`s
Once approved the Supplier is requested to sign TR's terms and conditions of supply.
Supplier Development & Improvement Cycles
- Supplier Quality Managers in Europe and Asia are responsible for four areas of supplier development.
- Auditing new suppliers against a pro-active audit schedule supplied by the TR AVL team.
- Developing suppliers identified as having gaps between their current processes and the requirements of defined market sectors.
- Developing suppliers if concerns are raised during the on-going production cycle of TR`s customer.
- Monitoring the Quality performance of the supply chain and setting development programs based on trends identified during the performance review.